Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jennie Garth tells all in Parade

Jennie Garth Tells All in Parade

Picture courtesy of Google Images.
In a recent interview, Jennie Garth talked to Parade about being married to "Twilight" star Peter Facinelli. Jennie was pregnant soon after she  met Peter's traditional, church-going mother. "That didn't go over well. Living in sin with a girl from Hollywood. It was not the way I wanted it go. I met them before the pregnancy and they really liked me, but then they found out I was pregnant and she went to church a lot!"
 She enjoyed acting but has give in up for the most part. She enjoys being a mom to their three girls: Luca, 13, Lola 7 and Fiona, 4. "We just moved out of L.A. because I didn't want to be raising my girls in the city. They're in public school now and they're in a normal situation. We're sort of settling into that. It's just a choice. I could have probably raised them in L.A. and they would have been great and had so many things at their fingertips and been exposed to so many things. But we travel a lot, so I don't think that moving out of town is sheltering the girls at all. Maybe protecting them a little bit more, trying to prolong their youth."

The daughters do not want Peter's career to influence their school life however. ""My 13-year-old has read the first two books. We stopped it there; it got a little too risque. But she's more embarrassed by it, actually. She's like, 'Let's not talk anything Twilight. Don't mention it. Wear a hat to my school.' She's a little embarrassed by it, she wants people to like her for her and not because of him, or want to come to our house because of that. It's something we deal with. But she's proud of him. She's actually a really gifted songwriter at 13; she's like Taylor Swift. She wants to write scripts and write songs, so she's constantly doing that."

Her next project will be a documentary with Peter on living green. "My husband and I are building a 'green' house in Santa Ynez Valley. We bought 15 acres and we're going to build a house that's green from the ground up. And we're actually going to be documenting it, sort of like a reality show, but not like Tori and Dean or anything like that, more like a documentary. Hopefully, educating people on how to be green."

You can read the entire article here: Jennie Garth Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment