Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chaske Spencer Is on Holiday from Anything Twilight Related

And I don't blame him :) He deserves a holiday as do all of the rest of the Twilight cast members. Gotta enjoy it while you can!

"Eclipse" wrapped production in late October, a couple of weeks before its "Twilight" predecessor, "New Moon," opened with $143 million of tween-driven gusto at the box office. What the saga's actors chose to do next is as varied as the public's reaction to the vampire franchise.

Robert Pattinson is gearing up to shoot "Bel Ami" next month. Taylor Lautner went and became the highest-paid teen in Hollywood. And werewolf Chaske Spencer? He went on holiday.

"I keep in touch with some of the wolf guys, but mainly I just totally disconnect," he told MTV News at the red-carpet premiere of "Youth in Revolt." "I just got back from vacation, so I'm pretty refreshed."

When he says "disconnect," he really means it: no obsessive self-Googling, no clicking over to the "Twilight" fan sites to see what's shaking, no attempting to catch some early footage of the upcoming film. He hasn't seen a single frame of finished footage, nor does he have a clue when a trailer might be made public.

"I stay off the Internet," he explained. "I don't pay attention to anything. I put on my little stocking cap and I'm gone. What I like about New York City is nobody cares. If they do, they don't ever approach. They just give you a 'What's up?' and that's it."

That's a far cry from the brain-meltingly shrill squeals that greeted Spencer and his castmates as they crisscrossed the country last fall, promoting "New Moon" at suburban malls. Though, by the look of some of the photos that popped up on the Web during those PR stops, Spencer certainly seemed to be enjoying himself.

But months removed from that craziness — and months before it ramps up again in June with the release of "Eclipse" — Spencer confessed that it all seems a tad unreal.

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about that," he laughed. "That was a blur!"


{via MTV}

No comments:

Post a Comment