Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hayley Williams of Paramore Explains Why They Passed on Being on 'New Moon' Soundtrack

Paramore had two popular songs on the Twilight soundtrack ("Decode" and "I Caught Myself"), but you'll find no songs by them on the New Moon soundtrack.

The group was offered the chance to be on the second soundtrack of the Saga but declined. They asked us if we wanted to do the second one, and I said no. I didn't want to force anything. They did come to us really early, like before they knew if they would use it. We wanted it to be genuine, says Hayley.

Hayley has said, however, that she enjoys all the bands that made their way onto the disc commenting, I love Death Cab for Cutie and Bon Iver. I thought it was really good. I feel glad we were a part of the first movie.

Has Hayley had regrets about saying "no?" No, because our record Brand New Eyes came out in September, and we've been promoting it nonstop," she said. "So, I've been so busy and so excited about that. You can't really regret anything. We're doing fine.

But don't count Paramore out for the Eclipse soundtrack. We'll see what happens in the future," Williams said. "I don't know — if it feels genuine. If we write a song, and I feel like it goes with it, I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't force it.


{via MTV}

No comments:

Post a Comment