Friday, August 6, 2010

'Vampires Suck' Star Talks Spoofing 'Twilight'


One of the stars of this month's "Vampires Suck" movie, Jenn Proske, chatted with Fox News' Karen Berg about her role in the "Twilight" spoof and what "Twilight" fans - and non-fans - can expect from the movie.

How did you prepare for the role?

I had to watch the original “Twilight” just to get the overall story and to understand everyone and all the characters so I’ve watched “Twilight” and “New Moon” hundreds of times. I’m a huge fan of the movies so I had a great time watching them over and over again.


Were you a Twihard before being cast?

I had seen both the movies before I got cast. I was a fan of the books and the movies. I think “Twilight” is great. It's such an amazing thing that everyone has created. Vampires are something exciting and sexy and fun to a lot of people, [including me.]

Your character, Becca Crane, is eerily similar to Kristen Stewart’s, Bella Swan. Did you intend to do that?

I didn’t want it to be an imitation of Kristen [Stewart]. I worked with the directors to find a balance [between] my own self as an actor and Kristen’s mannerisms and vocal patterns so that it was recognizable.

Will the cast of “Twilight” love it or hate it?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I really feel that this is something that they will love and be able to laugh at as well. It’s definitely not a bashing of “Twilight,” it’s something that’s definitely done out of love and inspiration from the phenomenon.

On the new Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner...

I think both of our guys are going to give Taylor and Rob a run for their money. I think Matt [Lanter] is going to give Rob Pattinson a run for his money. Chris [Riggi] looks great as a werewolf too. He has worked so hard to look as amazing as he does.

Will you get hate mail from Twihards?

This movie is something that both Twihards and the people who don’t like “Twilight” can find something that they love about it. I think the” Twilight” fans are going to get every single joke and little reference. I think the “Twilight” haters can find something to laugh at and enjoy seeing how much this vampire pop culture phenomenon has truly been used.

Finally, Team Edward or Team Jacob?

I’m Team Edward. Tell Chris Riggi I’m sorry.

"Vampires Suck" releases nationwide on August 18th.



{via FOXNews.com}

4 comments:

  1. This movie is an insult to the Twilight saga [in my opinion]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though this movie was great and funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a twilight fan but i liked this movie too because it was super funny :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this movie was funny xD

    ReplyDelete